Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Liebster Award!

Many thanks to the lovely Ruby Thunder  for the nomination. I've been so disenchanted with blogging, but hopefully this kicks my butt back into gear.

The Rules are:




  • Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  • Answer the 11 questions that they have asked you.
  • Nominate bloggers who have a following of < 200 on bloglovin'
  • Ask them 11 questions.
  • Notify the nominees.


  • What inspired your blog name?

    It actually comes from a list I was making when I was 18 in the sixth form lounge. It was a to do list, that my friend saw and laughed at. It simply read "Sort out life, buy milk". Seems apt as I nearly always need to do those two things even 7 years later. Gosh I am getting old.

    What are you currently reading? If not, recommend me a book.

    Just finished Commitment Hour by James Alan Gardner, I gave it a 4/5 on goodreads, found it very hard to put down. I enjoyed it a lot, really easy to read while still being a complex and interesting world. Its Fullin & Cappie's Commitment Day, as in Tober Cove every person changes sex every year til they are 20 when they must "commit" to their permanent sex, male, female or both. Such a good concept, not explored fully enough in my humble opinion, if you're looking for a complex dissection of gender roles, this ain't it. But it is an interesting story in a sci-fi setting, with multifaceted characters who react like kids on the biggest day of their lives. Plus the religion in Tober and the effect of "The Patriarch" are rather fascinating.

    It is set in The League of People's series, but can be read alone as I did this. I'm now gong to read the others in this series as I did really like Gardner's writing style.

    What song are you loving right now?

    I have a Mumford and Sons problem. Hopeless Wanderer, Lover of the Light and Lover's Eyes on repeat forever at the moment.

    Have a gander at Idris Elba in Lover of the Light and you'll love it too.



    What's for dinner?

    I am a terrible cook, who doesn't care much for the preparation of food, I will not chop onions and garlic because it makes my hands smell and I cannot stand it. I may have to buy some kitchen gloves for these tasks. Terrible I know, but I just hate it. I'm too impatient, but my sib said something about chilli? Which will be nice, but I have to chop veg, woe is me!

    It's your day off! What's the plan?

    I'm a student, everyday is a day off. ;)

    But seriously, I'd walk the dog and maybe go to an art gallery or craft show. I like a gentle wander about.

    Sweet or savoury?

    Sweet, please! Crisps are nice, but chocolate is everything.

    Do you have any vices?

    I smoke, naughty girl that I am. My friend just quit though and I smoke most of all with her, so I think I'll be quitting soon. Needs to be done, it is a filthy habit. I also have quite an obsessive and additive personality, so I am on tumblr far too much, I can easily get sucked into watching endless loops of television shows. I don't drink or do drugs though, so I'm not doing too badly.

    Do you collect anything?

    As a creative person, I am an obsessive collector, but also a disorganised and easily distracted one. I was just in Wales with my mother and every time I went on a dog walk on the beach with her I came back with pockets full of slates and nice stones in case I could use them later in my work.I have huge amounts of craft materials, yarns, wools for knitting and needle felting, threads for cross stitching, pencils, woods, metals, stones, wire, anything I can make into jewellery or other crafts.

    I also collect jewellery as a future jeweler I like buying hand crafted jewellery, I do have a list of artists I need to add to my collection.



    Anything sitting in your online basket waiting for payday?

    I just bought a few things from asos, so I will cheat and say one of those.  I just got this Asos Curve Tie Dye Skirt With Fringing, which I am loving.

    Let's meet for a drink! What're you having?


    I don't drink alcohol as previously mentioned, my family has a history of alcoholism, so I don't risk it. So I say we're meeting for a hot drink, maybe at  Teacup in Manchester, so I will be having some fancy smanchy flowering tea that's super pretty and hopefully doesn't just taste of floral leaf water.

    Favourite memory?

    Oh that is a hard one!  I really don't know. Maybe when I went to Leeds festival? I was supposed to go with a friend, who dropped out last minute, so I went on my own, which for a terribly anxious, shy person could have gone very badly. But I had a great time, it was nice to know I could be on my own and have a great time. I was proud of myself for doing something I didn't think I was capable of. Plus Tim Minchin, Frank Turner, Disraeli, Elbow, all fantastic performances.

    My nominations are two of my favourite bloggers, Laura of the fantastic Tutus and Tiny Hats, whose outfits are gorgeous, eclectic, colourful and so very fun, not to mention her wonderful round up posts with links to interesting and educational articles. She probably has way more followers than 200 but not on bloglovin so I'm counting her!

    The second nomination is for Charlotte of the wonderful jewellery brand Black Heart Creatives and who runs BHC's blog as well.I love her style and the stuff she puts together always works in a way that I wish my outfits did!

    My questions:

    1. What inspired you to start blogging?
    2. Have you ever felt like giving up blogging? What brought you back if so?
    3. What is you favourite quote?
    4. What book has had the biggest effect on you?
    5. Do you have any tattoos or body modifications or plans to get any?
    6. Name one blogger whose wardrobe you'd love to rummage through!
    7. If you could design a fashion collection, what is the one piece you'd have to include?
    8. What are you looking forward to most in 2015?
    9. Where do you get ideas for you blog posts?
    10.  Who inspires you the most?
    11. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment