Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ModCloth Uniquely You Polyvore Challenge!

I was contacted last week by a lovely lady named Amy at Modcloth, about a weekly polyvore storyboard challenge. As I've been pretty lax in the blogging stakes as of late, I figured why not, plus I had forgotten how much I love playing with polyvore!

Each week a selection of bloggers is given a dress to style showing our individual style using the lovely accessories from ModCloth's site. The first dress given was the Vivacious and Vibrant Dress in Noir, which I adore! Thankfully it is available in plus sizes too. Come on black and white with those cute shoulder details, this one is right up my street. Though I was initially thinking of going full goth I was caught by some of the gorgeous, whimisical Alice in Wonderland inspired pieces in ModCloth's range.



Alice in ModCloth





The dress could be read as very formal and I wanted to take it in a different direction, to make a whimsical, doll-like feel to the look. As soon as I saw these cute, bow false lashes I knew I had to pick out the red with something else and the backpack was too adorably Alice for me not to add it. I've always loved Alice in Wonderland, the books, films, cartoons and this was my inspiration for this board. I think I was a little literal, but hey, there is a place and time for subtlety, but it is not when you're playing dress up!

How would you style this dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment